Find a service:
The Housing First team work closely with landlords and the local authority to help people find a permanent home quickly – rather than finding temporary solutions (such as a hostel place) – in Swansea.
Ongoing support is then put in place to help them settle in and maintain their new home.
The project provides help with issues beyond housing,such as:
- Mental health
- Substance use
Support should be based around a person’s strengths rather than their problems, with services working proactively to encourage engagement in other areas.
- Housing is a human right
- Service users should have choice and control
- Housing is not conditional on support or treatment
- Support is recovery oriented
- Support focuses on harm reduction
- Active engagement without coercion
- Planning is person-centred
- Flexible support is available, as long as required
Swansea Housing First is a partnership between Kaleidoscope, The Wallich and Swansea Council.
Download a Housing First leaflet HERE.
01792 957 910