Find a service:
Transforming lives with residential care.
Birchwood Treatment Centre is our 20-bed facility in Wirral, Merseyside. We accept referrals from across the UK.
A residential stay can be a great opportunity to get some respite from a chaotic lifestyle, break destructive routines, make positive changes and achieve sustained recovery.
Registered with the Care Quality Commission, we are one of the few centres in the North West providing medically monitored and managed inpatient detox and drug and alcohol treatment.
Birchwood improves physical and emotional health and wellbeing, and makes sustained recovery possible by:
- Resolving physical dependence on drugs and alcohol
- Supporting recovery journeys
- Improving self worth and confidence
- Improving access to learning and education
- Increasing the visibility of recovered peers
- Creating an aspiration for change through co-production and peer support
- Providing safe, sociable activities
- Placing an emphasis on self-directed recovery
- Facilitating meetings with family and carers to resolve conflicts and communication breakdown
- Offering advice and guidance to families and carers, and including them in post discharge plans
I arrived at Birchwood in a terrible state. The staff and other patients were incredible, they made me feel safe and secure. Throughout my stay they were all very positive with me.
They have now led me to a place which is helping me with my sobriety. Without any doubt I owe the staff at Birchwood my life.
0151 6700 033